Listed below are some of the databases the Mansfield public library subscribes to.
EBSCO: Indexes over 3000 magazines & journals. Contains the full-text articles for over 1000 magazines, including Consumer Reports.
NoveList Plus:NoveList Plus is a reader’s advisory service. Type in a book to find others like it, an author to find all of his or her works, or even just a short description of what sort of book you’d like to read, and NoveList will help you find something to enjoy!
IndieFlix: Stream the newest and best independent films right on your computer!
iCONN: Magazines, journals, newspapers, business & health information, reQuest – the Statewide Library Catalog, and more. Some interesting iCONN databases to note are:
- iCONN Newsstand: Full-text coverage of 7 major newspapers. Includes:
- Business & Company Resource Center for business information.
- Health & Wellness Resource Center for health information.
- Discovering Collection includes biography, science, history, and literature.
- HeritageQuest ONLINE: Research resource for family history and American culture includes U.S. federal census records and the UMI Genealogy and Local History collection. Audience: Middle School & up
- Legal Information Reference Center: Providing exclusive online full text for many of the top consumer legal reference books, Legal Information Reference Center contains hundreds of full-text publications and thousands of legal forms, with more content being added on a regular basis.
- Science Reference Center: A comprehensive research database that provides easy access to a multitude of full-text, science-oriented content. Designed to meet every student researchers needs, Science Reference Center contains full text for hundreds of science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals and other sources
- ConnecticutHistory.org A project of the Connecticut Humanities Council, ConnecticutHistory.org is your home for stories about the people, traditions, innovations, and events that make up the rich history of the Nutmeg State. New content is added each week.