Policy on Access to Electronic Information
- “Rules of Behavior for Use of Mansfield Library” applies to the behavior of patrons using electronic equipment and resources.
- Accessing information in compliance with Mansfield Library’s mission statement constitutes appropriate use.
- Only library software may be used
- Participation in electronic discussion groups of any type is not permitted.
- Email communications are not confidential. Internet use may be monitored at any time.
Revised and approved by Mansfield Public Library Advisory Board June 12, 2003.
Computer Use Procedures
- The time limit for Internet Computers is 60 minutes, including time required for printing.
- Library cards in good standing are required for Internet use. (Your 14 Digit Bar Code allows you access).
- Before you print, printing tickets must be purchased at the Circulation Desk.
- Librarians may waive printing fees to answer reference questions.
- Periodic downtimes may be necessary for maintenance, technical difficulties, or staff use.