The Mansfield Public Library offers notary services to the public in compliance with the Town of Mansfield’s Notarization policy.
The notary at the library is able to:
- Administer an oath
- Notarize acknowledgements
- Notarize an affidavit
The fee for notarizing is $5.00 as authorized by Connecticut General Statutes.
- Two forms of identification, at least one of which also contains the photograph of the signer. Neither a social security card nor a birth certificate is to be used as a form of identification.
- Signer MUST sign the document IN FRONT OF THE NOTARY in order to authenticate the signature
The following documents are unable and prohibited to be notarized by the Library:
- A conveyance of land or property
- Living or general wills
- Birth, death or marriage certificates – those vital records are filed in the Town Clerks office and are available as certified copies at a cost of $20.00
- Anything, from anyone, who is not appearing before us in person
We accept payment in cash or check. Check is to be made out to the Town of Mansfield.
Please call the library at 860-423-2501 before your visit to verify staff is available to provide notary services.