Get a Library Card
To sign up for a Mansfield Public Library card you need to be a resident of Mansfield/Storrs. If you are a resident of another town, you are welcome to check out our materials, but you must get a library card from your hometown. UConn students who live on campus are also eligible to sign up for a card, which can be renewed every semester he or she lives on campus. Library cards are free to sign up for!
To get a card, please fill out a library card application, and come to the library with the following:
- A valid photo identification
- Proof of residency (such as a lease or a piece of mail)
- Under 16? You are welcome to sign up for a card, but you will need a parent or guardian to come with you.
Due to concerns regarding the spread of COVID-19, museum passes are not available at this time.
Borrow a Museum Pass
Did you know that you can borrow museum passes from the Mansfield Public Library? Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The lending period for passes varies according to type of pass. Please check individual passes for due date information.
- There is a $1.00 per day charge for overdue passes
- Passes are available on a first come-first serve basis and may not be put on reserve except on the morning of the day they are to be picked up. Pass will be held until closing of that day.
- Replacement costs for lost passes varies according to each museum’s policy.
Pay for Fines/Items
Fines or bills totaling over $10.00 will place a block on your account. At this time, the Mansfield Public Library accepts payment in the form of cash, check, or debit/credit card.
Cash or check payments can be made in person at the library. Debit/credit card payments can be made through our online catalog.
Checks can be mailed to:
Mansfield Public Library
54 Warrenville Road
Mansfield Center, CT
Please make checks payable to the Town of Mansfield.
NOTE: Fines can be paid to the Mansfield Public Library regardless of whether the fines were accumulated on our items. Bills which are issued on items NOT belonging to the Mansfield Public Library must be paid to the owning library. Any library items that have been lost or irreparably damaged will be charged to the borrower at the replacement cost. Please do not attempt to repair damaged items – we have special materials and ways of dealing with things. Replacement copies are not accepted.
Payments for lost items will be refunded if the item is returned, under the following conditions:
- The item is in good condition
- The item is returned within two weeks of payment
- The patron presents payment receipt.
To see the complete circulation policy, please visit our Policies page.