We are pleased to announce that all branches of the Mansfield Public Library are open to the public.
Curbside services, and mobile printing are available at the Main branch located on 54 Warrenville Road.
Stay up to date with the latest news from the Mansfield Public Library by signing up to receive text notifications! You can do this when you subscribe to any of our At The Library mailing lists!
Library Service Hours:
Main Branch: 54 Warrenville Road
Monday, Friday, Saturday: 9:30 AM – 5 PM.
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 9:30 AM – 8 PM.
Library Express: 23 Royce Circle. Inside the Nash-Zimmer Transportation Center
Monday – Friday: 10 AM – 2 PM.
Maple Road Branch: 303: Maple Road. Inside the Senior Center
Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM.
Masks are required to enter the building. Patrons must observe physical distancing, maintaining a minimum of 6 feet distance between individuals when possible. Only one person at a time should be in each book aisle. People who are unable to wear a mask may continue using curbside services or homebound delivery.
Inside the Library:
Given the large number of children who visit during the summer for reading programs, the library will follow Mansfield Public Schools policy regarding masks:
- Building Administration will require the use of face coverings that covers the mouth and nose for all students, staff, and visitors when they are inside the school building, with certain exceptions listed such as:
- For anyone who is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance, or is exhibiting signs/symptoms of having difficulty with breathing following CDC/DPH guidelines.
- Eating or drinking within established areas and times, using physical distancing.
People who are unable to wear a mask may continue using curbside services or homebound delivery.
Out of respect for the many children who visit the library and cannot yet be vaccinated, we ask that you continue to wear a mask when we are closely gathered in a group. We know you have a choice. We ask for your help making the library a welcoming place for everyone in our community.
CURBSIDE PICKUP: Call the library, 860-423-2501, during regular service hours. You may request up to 10 items. Books will be retrieved after the phone call is completed, and you will usually be able to pick up your requests the following day.
COMPUTERS & PRINTING: Public computer use will be limited to 1 hour per person per day. The first 10 pages will be free when printing from a public computer. Mobile Printing is also available.
- Computer Use Hours.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday: 9:30 AM – 5 PM.
- Tuesday & Thursday: 9:30 AM – 8 PM.
Interested in checking out a Chromebook, Mobile Hotspot, or other electronic device? Call the library at 860-423-2501 for more information.
MOBILE PRINTING: Mobile Printing services will continue during all open hours.
- The first 10 pages of printing are free.
- See our website for mobile printing details http://mansfieldpubliclibraryct.org/printing/
NOTARY SERVICE: Please call the library at 860-423-2501 to make an appointment.
- Most items may be placed in the book return (books, DVDs, magazines, CDs, etc.).
- Large items such as tools, story kits, cake pans, etc., or electronic items may be returned inside the building.
- Returns are quarantined for a minimum of 24 hours.
DUE DATES: Our normal loan periods are now in effect. Please note that all materials are being quarantined for 24 hours upon return, so will not be removed from your account immediately.
LIBRARY FINES: The library does not charge overdue fines on most items. If you receive an overdue notice for an item which you have recently returned, it may still be in quarantine. Wait a few days, if it is still on your card, call the library to inquire further. All fees are removed once an item is checked in. You may still request items even if you have fines on your card.
BOOK DROPS: The bookdrop at all locations are open.
THINGS THAT DON’T GO IN THE BOOK DROP: Chromebooks, portable DVD players, tools, cake pans and story kits. Large items such as tools, story kits, cake pans, etc., may be returned inside the building.
LIBRARY CARDS: You may apply for a library card online, or in person.
To view COVID-19 information translated in 30+ languages visit COVID-19 Health Literacy Project.