As of Monday, November 23rd, all branches of the Mansfield Public Library are closed. Curbside services and Mobile Printing are available at the Main branch located on 54 Warrenville Road. Computer use at the main branch is available by appointment only.
Stay up to date with the latest news from the Mansfield Public Library by signing up for the At The Library mailing lists!
Library Service Hours:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday: 10 AM – 3 PM
Tuesday & Thursday: 2 – 7 PM
CURBSIDE PICKUP: Call the library, 860-423-2501, during regular service hours. You may request up to 10 items. Books will be retrieved after the phone call is completed, and you will usually be able to pick up your requests the following day.
HOLDS: If you have placed a hold on an item in the online catalog, please call when you are notified that the item is in, so we can arrange for curbside pickup. Once you call us, you will be able to pick up your holds the following day.
BROWSING APPOINTMENTS: Call beginning on Saturday, January 16, to book an appointment for this new service, which will commence on Tuesday, January 19.
- Thirty minute browsing appointments are available for up to three members of a single household at a time.
- You may book one appointment for a household per day.
- Call the library at 860-423-2501 to book your browsing time (one day in advance).
- You must wear a mask to enter the library and maintain safe distance from staff.
- Do not come in if you are not feeling well or have a fever.
- We have hand sanitizer available for use at the entrance.
COMPUTERS & PRINTING: Please call the library 860-423-2501 to reserve a computer. Computers can be reserved up to one day in advance. Public computer use will be limited to 1 hour per person per day. The first 10 pages will be free when printing from a public computer. Mobile Printing is also available.
Computer Use Appointment Hours:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday: 10 AM – 2 PM
Tuesday & Thursday: 2 – 6 PM
Interested in checking out a Chromebook or other electronic device? Call the library at 860-423-2501 for more information.
COPIES & FAX: Please call the library at 860-423-2501, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
MOBILE PRINTING: Check our webpage for instructions.
NOTARY SERVICE: Please call the library at 860-423-2501 to make an appointment.
- Most items may be placed in the book return (books, DVDs, magazines, CDs, etc.).
- Large items such as tools, story kits, cake pans, etc., should be placed in the receptacle by the front door during service hours.
- ELECTRONIC DEVICES MUST BE RETURNED BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- Returns are quarantined for a minimum of 4 days.
DUE DATES: Our normal loan periods are now in effect. Please note that all materials are being quarantined for 96 hours upon return, so will not be removed from your account immediately.
LIBRARY FINES: The library does not charge overdue fines on most items. If you receive an overdue notice for an item which you have recently returned, it may still be in quarantine. Wait a few days, if it is still on your card, call the library to inquire further. All fees are removed once an item is checked in. You may still request items even if you have fines on your card.
BOOK DROPS: The bookdrop at the main library is open. Bookdrops at other locations remain closed.
THINGS THAT DON’T GO IN THE BOOK DROP: Chromebooks, portable DVD players, tools, cake pans and story kits. Large items such as tools, story kits, cake pans, etc., should be placed in the receptacle by the front door during service hours. ELECTRONIC DEVICES MUST BE RETURNED BY APPOINTMENT ONLY..
LIBRARY CARDS: You may apply for a library card online, or check on your card status by calling the library during service hours.
To view COVID-19 information translated in 30+ languages visit COVID-19 Health Literacy Project.