The Mansfield Public Library offers notary services to the public in compliance with the Town of Mansfield’s Notarization policy.
The notary at the library is able to:
- Administer an oath
- Notarize acknowledgements
- Notarize an affidavit
The fee for notarizing is $5.00 as authorized by Connecticut General Statutes.
Please call the library at 860-423-2501 before your visit to verify staff is available to provide notary services.
- Two forms of identification, at least one of which also contains the photograph of the signer. Neither a social security card nor a birth certificate is to be used as a form of identification.
- Signer MUST sign the document IN FRONT OF THE NOTARY in order to authenticate the signature
The following documents are unable and prohibited to be notarized by the Library:
- A conveyance of land or property
- Living or general wills
- Birth, death or marriage certificates – those vital records are filed in the Town Clerks office and are available as certified copies at a cost of $20.00
- Anything, from anyone, who is not appearing before us in person
We accept payment in cash or check. Check is to be made out to the Town of Mansfield.