Registration for Summer 2022 starts June 1, 2022
Mansfield Mustangs officially joins the Mansfield Youth Services set of programs, after many years since it's creation as part of the Mansfield Parks and Recreation Department.
Mustangs is a youth service learning program designed to help youth feel connected to and invested in their community, while building connections with each other, and having fun. It will be open to Mansfield youth entering grades 5-9 and is free to participate.
The Mansfield Mustangs is a service learning program offered to Mansfield youth, entering grades 5-9, to participate in local community service projects that help support Mansfield and our nearby communities. The Mustangs spent many years (since 2012, in fact!) as a Parks and Rec program before transitioning to a collaborative effort between Parks and Rec and Mansfield Youth Services.
The Mustangs will meet on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9am-1pm. Members will meet up with staff in the Mansfield Community Center’s Teen Center for check-in. Group will then head out to the day’s designated site before enjoying lunch, swimming, and games at Bicentennial Pond. Group members will be transported back to the Community Center for parent/guardian sign out in the Teen Center.
We ask that group members bring a mask, work gloves, a water bottle, and a packed lunch to each meeting date. In addition, we suggest bringing the following along:
- Closed Toe Shoes
- Bug repellent
- Change of clothes
- Cell phone
- Inhaler and/or EpiPen (please complete additional form)
- Health and safety is of the utmost importance this summer! We will be following CDC protocols as well as guidance from our local health department, EHHD, to ensure that best practices are being implemented. These include (but may change based on most up-to-date recommendations):
- Group members and staff who experience COVID-19 symptoms will be asked to refrain from attending program until a negative COVID-19 test has been received (rapid tests OK), OR 10 days have passed since symptoms started with significant improvement of symptoms and fever-free in the 24 hours before returning.
- Group members that test positive for COVID-19 will be asked to refrain from attending the program for a minimum of 5 days, and to adhere to mask wearing for and additional 5 days. Individuals should be fever free and with significant improvement of symptoms in the 24 hours before returning to program.
- Group members identified as a close contact to a case of COVID-19 will be asked to refrain from attending the program for the quarantine period recommended by the EHHD. Recommendations are based on vaccination status.